Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

.

Introduction

Well, I figured I've made myself look plenty crazy enough with the other blogs, so I'm gonna let you guys know exactly how far over the cliff I've went, by letting you see my attempts at "creative" writing.


I've been putting pen to paper for about a decade, give or take a year or two. It's actually a pretty good stress reliever and it's fun to see what might come out. I have, approximately, 70-80 pieces of work, which I have either completed, started or outlined. I will be letting you guys see some of the completed poems, short stories and ramblings.

I used to be kind of embarrassed to think someone would find out I like to write. However, I turned 40 back in March so I figure maybe I gained a bit of a different perspective on caring whether someone else approves of the things I do or don't like to do with my time.

Some of my writings are personal, but most are just ideas that would just pop into my head and sit there and itch to get out until I obeyed. I wrote an essay once on what inspires people to write and maybe I'll post that here in the future, but suffice it to say, just about anything can inspire a person to put pen to paper. Sometimes, you don't even need the "inspiration", but just the desire to want to do it.

I would encourage everybody to write. It doesn't matter if you think it's good or bad. It doesn't matter if it's a song, poem, short story, diaries, journals or heck even a novel if your feeling froggy. Just write. It's good for the soul.

Well I've said enough for one post, but I hope you guys get as much enjoyment out of reading some of these, as I did, sometimes, in writing them. I don't mind being critiqued on my writings, so don't hesitate to comment.

I want to leave you guys with a link to a page with my personal favorite poem. It was written by Samuel Taylor Coleridge and is called The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Its almost more of a story than a poem, but it's a very enjoyable read. I had to make it the first entry on this site, considering the site name. Enjoy!

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner <-------------CLICK HERE

I'll be typin' at ya later,
Bob the Blogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Home